Total Pageviews

Saturday, 8 December 2012

"Me, I'm in Paris" and I don't Kiss Strangers



I am very tired of people confusing me with the Taiwanese serial kisser. Apparently, two years ago,  a Taiwanese female student decided to make it an artistic project to kiss 1,000 men in France in public. It made news for sometime and stayed on the top list of google/yahoo when searching for anything relating to both "Taiwan" and "Paris". If you type "Taiwanese + Paris", there are news and photos of her on her way to kiss some man stranger on the streets.  Many of my readers came across that blog before eventually found their way to mine. It comes to a point where my husband had finally some spare time on his business trip and decided to look up my blog. To his surprise/dismay, he was directed to the Taiwanese girl blogger who embarked on a journey to kiss 1000 random men in France and she filmed such process and distributed the motion pictures on line.  Let us face it, I can never outdo that kind of sensation, I can hardly think, in my wildest imagination, of anything more provocative than the serial kisser. And, I do sincerely hope my readers who came to my blog are genuinely interested in certain level of inter-cultural feasts rather than "happening upon it inadvertently " after perusing the juicy photos of the more exciting blog.

Therefore the decision is made. I have decided to change the title of this blog to something more modest, less ambitious, all the less exciting/erotic but nonetheless entertaining.

I do have my two-cents worth about kissing in France/with the French/French kiss the French/kissing as greetings in general. It is as subtle as "tutoyer" vs "vouvoyer". How do you know which way to kiss the woman so that you don't end up kissing her on the lips? From what I learn is that it is up to the female of higher status to tilt slightly her head and depending on the angle her head is tilted, the other party should approach accordingly. Please don't smother or leave a sloppy/drooling kiss on the cheek unless you are entertaining or envisage ambitiously a relationship with said female. With a person you know well enough in the French context, you obviously have your own code of conduct and you don't need me to explain it here. A French social kiss refers to a polite peck on the cheek, i.e. very  light brush of the two cheeks. Nonetheless, if you plan to have a career in the French context, don't forget to pout your lips. Again, pout slightly please. Practice the pouting movement by blowing gently a bowl of hot soup.  (See below, how elegantly Victoria pouts her lips....)



No comments:

Post a Comment